- Recycling will be collected from the road side for households within the Municipal Roadside Collection Area.
- Recycling can be placed in the bins locations at the two Waste Transfer Stations.
For households within the Municipal Roadside Collection Area place your recyclable items out on Wednesdays for collection.
It’s easy to Recycle!
Just place your recyclable materials in your blue bin and set it out on Wednesdays for pickup.
For more information please check Simply Recycle
You CAN recycle
Items you CANNOT recycle:
- plastic bags, plastic packaging and cellophane
- household hazardous waste containers, such as antifreeze, motor oil, and bleach – you can identify many hazardous waste products by the danger symbol, e.g., corrosive, explosive, poison and flammable
- aluminum foil or foil pie plates
- foil or foam takeout food containers
- foam packaging, foam egg cartons or foam meat trays
- mirrors, window glass or light bulbs
- drinking glasses, ceramics or cookware
- Please don't leave any items on the ground.
- Please don't mix non-recyclable materials with your recycling, this will not get picked up.
- Don't tie materials together as the processing facility can't remove bags, string, wire, etc.
- Put your recyclable items loosely into the appropriate bins. This ensures that your recycling becomes a new product and not garbage.
- Leave lids on containers, caps on bottles, staples in paper, labels on containers and windows in envelopes.
- Give your containers a quick rinse to get rid of bacteria and odors.
- Crush plastic bottles, milk jugs and milk and juice cartons to leave more room in the bins.
- The bins are emptied on the same day each week.