Protective Services


The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are the primary police agency for the Rural Municipality of Cornwallis.


The municipality employs a Municipal Constable with duties to enforce municipal by-laws (Noise By-Law, Animal Control By-Law) and Provincial Statutes (Highway Traffic Act, Liquor Control Act, Off Road Vehicle Act et’ al) to name a few.  The Municipal Constable can be reached either by phone at (204) 724-7999 or by email at

EMERGENCY TELPHONE NUMBERS are to be used ONLY for Emergency Situations. The 911 Centre has access to a translation service.
Emergency Operators have been trained in Emergency Medical Dispatch and Fire Priority Dispatch. They will ask a series of questions as well as tell you what to do until help arrives.

Six Things to Tell the Operator When you Need Help:

  1. Who you need – Police, Fire or Ambulance
  2. Where you need the help (your address)
  3. What is happening now
  4. How did it happen
  5. When did it happen
  6. Your name
Helpful Hints:
  • Teach everyone in your family how to make emergency calls.
  • If you accidentally call 911, stay on the line so the operator knows that help is not needed; otherwise, the operator will notify the Police to investigate.
Have the following information by your phone:
  • The 911 number
  • Your civic address
  • Your phone number
  • Directions to your home from the Police Station and Fire Hall