The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are the primary police agency for the Rural Municipality of Cornwallis.
The municipality employs a Municipal Constable with duties to enforce municipal by-laws (Noise By-Law, Animal Control By-Law) and Provincial Statutes (Highway Traffic Act, Liquor Control Act, Off Road Vehicle Act et’ al) to name a few. The Municipal Constable can be reached either by phone at (204) 724-7999 or by email at email@example.com.
Six Things to Tell the Operator When you Need Help:
- Who you need – Police, Fire or Ambulance
- Where you need the help (your address)
- What is happening now
- How did it happen
- When did it happen
- Your name
- Teach everyone in your family how to make emergency calls.
- If you accidentally call 911, stay on the line so the operator knows that help is not needed; otherwise, the operator will notify the Police to investigate.
- The 911 number
- Your civic address
- Your phone number
- Directions to your home from the Police Station and Fire Hall
RESIDENTS ARE ASKED TO PLEASE CONTACT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICE PRIOR TO STARTING ANY CONTROLLED BURNS SO THAT WE MAY APPROVE AND CONTACT LOCAL AUTHORITIES